Pages

Followers

Friday, December 1, 2017

Happy Birthday

It is not very often you get the opportunity to make a card for 
someone who is coming up to 100.
But this is the pleasurable task that I was set this week. 



I started with a cream card base used the 
Sizzix Scalloped border die thinking that I was cutting out
the pattern only to find it had cut the card base.
Not that that really mattered
A piece of pink card soon filled up the space and I cut 
the left over piece of cream card with the plain scallop border
and popped it over the pink edge.
Another piece of pink card with the plain scallop border
probably finished the base card better than my first idea.
I cut out SW Frames and tags Maggie
{Well I had to buy Maggie }
in pink and cream.
The larger flowers which are white and cream, the camera 
has not picked them up very well, have been in my stash for years.
The rose buds were made with Sizzix cinch and go flowers.
The ivy was scraps of white card sponged with
DI Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive and 
Memento Cottage Ivy.
The one sprig off silver ivy and the numbers look tarnished 
but here again it is the camera's fault.







Have a great day.


Margaret M 

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful......and such a very special card! Hope you're well, it's been a long while since I popped by! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, happy celebration card to be treasured. Just to be loved by your receiver. Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret
    Brilliant card for such a celebratory birthday.
    Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.