Pages

Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Look who came to breakfast




Autumn sunset over Hobart taken from my back door.

Then look who came for breakfast the next day


We often get 2 to 6 Galahs in the park over our back fence but 
this was only about a quarter of the flock that arrived today.
You can tell by the non existent grass we are still without rain.
Don't ask me what they feed on but as they grub around in the soil I would
guess it is roots.
The Magpies here often dive bomb them but they don't even bother to duck.
You could walk past and they wont move.
There is only one thing on their mind " food".

Thought you might like to see this card I have made with a few odds and ends.


The background was a left over piece of SW Bed of Roses EF that 
I swooshed with Spun Sugar DI 
The pink silver edged satin ribbon was the last on the roll
and when I was looking for something to finish the card what did 
I find but a bow in the self same ribbon.
I do have a box full of bows from oddments of ribbon.
Always good for finishing off a progect.
The 3D floral sticker comes from the Dollar shop
I was in the shop this morning and very tempted to buy more.

Challenges.


Here is wishing everyone a Happy Easter.  Enjoy and not too much chocolate.




Margaret M

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis
    Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
    Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to see those adorable birds !! And your floral card is sooo pretty
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret
    Beautiful floral creation and gorgeous sunset.
    Magpies are pretty but not nice birds at all so good for the galahs ignoring them.
    Hope your feeling better.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing with Ruby's Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have those beautiful birds right near your home.

    Your card is really pretty. I love your embossed and inked background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret! What a pretty card - wonderful image and such a lovely background. The ribbon is a lovely touch!

    It looks as if this is your first time playing with us in the Snippets Playground - so a huge welcome and do please come back again soon!

    I have prizes each week and in order to be in with a chance I do ask that you have a link to the Snippets Playground in your blog post here and also please leave a comment over at the Playground if you do want to be in the draw. I had to introduce that comment bit due to a couple of winners then declining their prizes - so now I lk ike to be sure ahead of time :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute floral card with the embossing behind. Waving hello to you from the Snippets Playground. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining our 'Flowers' challenge at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.