Pages

Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

What a week

Yes that was the week that was.
 
Last weekend my husband complained of a sore mouth and throat.
On Sunday I woke to find he looked as if he had had a smack in the face.
Honest  I never touched him.  He had the biggest fat lip you ever did see.
Monday we went to the Dr who diagnosed shingles.
Poor love he is in such a state.  The rash is in his mouth down his throat and now coming out on his face as if he doesn't have enough ill health to put up with.
Finding him things to eat has been the worse part as he cannot chew
and it is painful to swallow.
 
So this week has not been one for getting much crafting done
and I had a lovely parcel of goodies arrive too
but no time to play much. 
 
However I have managed this.
 
Following the sketch on 52 CCT  and using Snowy one of my new Penny black stamps.
 
I paper pieced his hat and scarf with left overs from the background paper
so he is snug and warm
Haven't any idea what the dotty paper is just a scrap from my box of bits.
The lace is my new crochet border from Memory box.
 
Am entering this in:
 
Now I must get back to the patient.
 
Margaret M

9 comments:

  1. Love your jolly snowman and the way you've coordinated his hat and scarf with the backing paper. It's lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snowman is the darlingest one I've seen all day!!! LOVE the fabulous coloring and I adore the bits of glitter! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Christmas card Margaret, Snowy is so adorable! I love the paper piecing and your soft colour scheme!

    Poor hubby, I've had shingles and I know it's miserable so he has my complete and utter sympathy! Hope he's better soon!

    Thanks so much for joining us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the snow around your snowman (who is the cutest!) coordinates with the dotty DP. A great take on our sketch.
    Do hope that your husband is on the mend soon, it sounds awful. ice cream and jelly is the way to go!
    Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCt

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a cute snowman! He makes me want to reach through the computer and give him a hug! :) Thanks for sharing him in this week's 52{C}CT challenge.
    I hope your husband feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cool Christmas card - cute snowman - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Margaret. I hope your poor husband is improving..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card Margaret! I'm so sorry to hear that your hubby has shingles. I had no idea you could get them on your mouth - how awful. Hope he is better very very soon. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - a really cute snowman

    Thanks for joining CHNC.

    Helen x
    (GDT Member)

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.