Pages

Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Very Glittery



I am delighted to show you my lovely Azelea that likes to bloom
both in Autumn and Spring.
With the drought we had along with constant sunshine
I didn't think it would bloom this time.
It looked rather sick at one point with leaves yellowing
but the rain we have had recently have woken it up.
Although it is late blooming this year you can see by the buds there 
 is still a lot of flowers to open.




Today I have used snippets left over from my making this.


I have CASed this box from one I saw on UTube   HERE
Thought this would be ideal to make and fill 
with goodies to add to any Raffles they hold at the aged care home.

Here is the card  I made, another birthday card for the home.


I was left with 4 small squares of the stripe paper.  1 still to go.
With a strip of yellow from which I also cut out the roses.
Add a snip of white{can always find some of those } and a snip of green.
The sequins are from the thousands I have and added small 
glittery ones in the centre of each of the larger ones.
The borders are stickers/peeloffs very glittery and I painted
the white petals with Frost Glitz Smooch.  

Now I am off to the Pixies Playground with it


Thanks for dropping in  see you again soon.


Margaret M







7 comments:

  1. Wow Margaret, love the box and your card is absolutely beautiful! You can really see the sparkle too.

    Great to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret
    Beautiful azalea. Its a stunner.
    Terrific box and card too. You have been a busy gal.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, Your azalea is a stunner. It will give you great pleasure and still lots of blooms to look forward to.

    Your box looks great. It would be a wonderful raffle prize filled with goodies and I'm sure whoever won it would keep it. It's so pretty.

    Your card is very pretty. I think I have some of that pretty paper too. I like the glitter on your roses. A great snippets card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely way to use snippets, lovely azalea too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use your left over paper!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Through the craftroomdoor. Hope to see you again!
    Aly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and gift box. Very clever. I love the colors and the fact you use left overs! The two are adorable. It is very nice you donated this card. Someone will love it and give it to someone who will love it and adore it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So enjoyed seeing your lovely bright azaleas blooming. We have those in our yard, but not nearly so lush & beautiful as yours is! Also loved seeing how you've designed your pretty & cheery card using the snippets from the box. A clever design, & like the posies with the stripe behind them. Great idea to add the sparkle of the sequins too. Happy wkend, and TFS

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.