Pages

Followers

Friday, September 7, 2012

Holly and Berries



Today I have used a Penny Black stamp from 2000.
I use it so much on plain inserts inside Christmas cards and I thought I would let
it shine on the outside instead.
I really played around with my copics on those leaves I used
YG 03- 11
G21 - 28 - 62
Y21
W1
C3
and I am very pleased with the result.
Was going to 3D the leaves as well as the berries but ended up painting them with
smooch glitz instead.
I shaded the background with W1,
edged the border with YR31 then with crystal stickles.

Am entering this in:
Penny Black at Allsorts - Early Christmas
Make it Monday - Linky party
Just keep on creating - Christmas



Thank you for dropping in you are most welcome.



Margaret M
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. hi margaret, i've never seen this PB image before; you've coloured it beautifully and i love how the berries pop with the red in the background. good to see you playing along with us again at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret I saw you on MIM, this is a stamp I own,,the oldies are the goodies! Love your card,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped back again Margaret as not sure what happened last time or if my comment posted. So just in case to say your card is very elegant and thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colouring Margaret. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous Christmas card. You've done beautifully on the holly leaves and those berries absolutely POP! It's such a classy and striking card. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas card. Not seen this stamp before. Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely Christmas card Margaret, I love the main image and the traditional gold ribbon.

    thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.